Thursday, March 10, 2011

Because You Need To Know This


I wanted to do you guys a big favor and remind you that Britney Spears' new album will be coming out on March 29th. It's called Femme Fatale, a title I'm not super crazy about--but what I AM super crazy about are all the songs and snippets I've heard so far. You've probably heard the first single, "Hold It Against Me" on the radio by now. The video for HIAM is out, too, and it's only a little weird, which in today's Lady Gagaland of music videos is a pretty rare thing. The second single, "Till The World Ends", leaked a little early, but it's already number 2 on iTunes. It's awesome. Brit Brit (known unaffectionately by a certain gossip blogger as Fried Chicken, which I find hilarious) also said that she was going on tour early this summer. Will I be going? Umm, yes.

I am really into Britney and on top of all her new releases, but I wasn't always so hip and happening. (Apparently, I'm still not, because I just used the words "hip" and "happening.") In fact, one childhood faux pas that sticks out. Do you remember in the 90's when Mariah Carey was who our parents listened to? Well, obviously not my parents. Picture it: Headland, 1993. 9 years old. I was on the playground at school with some friends who were talking about how cool that "Dreamlover" song was.



The "Dreamlover" song in question.

"Oh, yeah," I said. "I know that song."

And then proceeded to sing this:



How, HOW, in the world did I make that mistake? My best guess is that I caught the old "Dreamlover" on one of those oldies infomercials. Regardless, I am still embarrassed about it to this day, not only because it showed how pitifully uncool I was, but because the old version is STILL the one that pops into my head first today.

So the moral of this blog post is go be cool and listen to Britney Spears. Try "Hold It Against Me" first. And that's THIS "Hold It Against Me":



Not THIS one:



Tat

No comments:

Post a Comment