Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day to Night

Day to Night Barbie was one of my favorite Barbies growing up. She had this very fetching pink work outfit--long pink pencil skirt and blazer, with a wide brimmed (plastic) hat trimmed in pink (sticker tape) and a pink and white briefcase. Oh, but her shoes...her shoes were the greatest. White pumps with a pink cap toe. That was Day Barbie.

Night Barbie just whipped her pencil skirt inside out and it immediately became a fluffy, flowing dancing skirt. I imagine she ditched the hat in the back seat of her Pink Corvette (or red Ferrari--my Barbies had both) along with her blazer stuffed inside her briefcase.

She kept the shoes, of course.


This isn't so much a day to night outfit as a work to play one. But if I'd called it that, I wouldn't have been able to talk about Day to Night Barbie, and I wouldn't be able to point out that I bought these cap toe-ish shoes just because they reminded me of Barbie's.

Day/Work
Blazer: Gap (old) Dress: Gap (on sale and only $30-something in the store!) Bag: Target (lots of options in the same shade of blue) Shoes: old, Nine West via TJ Maxx





 Night/Play

We girls can indeed do everything.



2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how Jem has inspired you.

    Cute post! The thoughts and the clothes. I love that blue so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, of course Jem inspired me. It's why I'm truly outrageous. Truly, truly, truly outrageous. :)

      T

      Delete