Monday, February 20, 2012

One Lip, Tu Lips

So many things going on in this post. But most importantly, it's about lips. First off, I generally hate lipstick. Or, I used to. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it now. I've always hated the way it felt, hated the way it brought attention to my mouth and teeth--just generally disliked it. Lip gloss, too, although that was much more tolerable. I never liked to have my entire face "made up" anyway, so lip color was the obvious choice to leave out.

But maybe I'll give lipstick another chance.

I'm lipstick inspired by the models in the J.Crew magazine. Pretty, plain faces with coral lips. I've always wanted to try it out. So since the main focus of getting dressed this day was the beaming coral beacon on my face, I chose a very plain outfit, modeled after my very favorite Audrey Hepburn outfit in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I was inspired by the book I just finished reading, Fifth Avenue, 5am: Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and The Dawn of the Modern Woman, bargain priced on Kindle at just $0.99.



And this silly pose is homage to one of my favorite Marilyn pictures.



I like the overall look. I like how the lipstick looks when it's the main focus of attention, not just another addition to everything you've got going on. I didn't really feel comfortable wearing it, though. I was always wondering if it had escaped my lips and was running all over my face, or if it had worn off, or just generally fussy because my lips were dry.

But I think I can handle it every once in a while.




And now, more lips. Another new favorite thing in the house these days is yet another present from Mommy Dearest (in a good way, not a no more wire hangers way):


These lovely, lovely tulips. I adore them--I don't think I've ever seen a color combo so pretty as this beautiful green and yellow. In fact, it has already influenced my entire home color scheme for this spring. I'm totally leaning for some more green with pops of yellow. Check out my Pinterest board For the Home for some green/yellow inspiration.

But back to the tulips. They quickly went from being upstanding tulip citizens you see above to being undisciplined tulip monsters.


I don't know if it was something I did, or if the tulips were just so full of awesome they couldn't handle it anymore and had to let their freaky tulip flag fly in all directions. But I kind of like the way they're leaning.  :)

T

No comments:

Post a Comment