Thursday, February 2, 2012

Leopard on top, Kermit the Frog on bottom

Leopard. I have such a hard time spelling that. I literally have to remember it now as Leo Pard. That's the only way it doesn't come out something completely different.

I pulled this post's outfit directly from one of my favorite pictures on the previous web rollout at jcrew.com.

I was obsessed with green pants and a leopard top. I managed to capture the actual J.Crew leopard print (albeit in cardigan form AND the print is much less yellowish in real life than in the picture), but I just couldn't bring myself to spend $80 on a pair of green pants. Although they would be super well made, high quality pants.

But I found I COULD bring myself to spending $20 on some green stretch pants from Wet Seal when I finally found a pair there that wasn't a ZERO or ONE, which in real lady pants world would be like -2 or something like that. Not a Wet Seal kind of girl am I.(I guess channeling Yoda is fitting, b/c he was green, too.)

Alas, I did not want to teeter around in red high heels as I've recently developed a slight allergy to high heels, so I opted for my short heel, long pointy toe black ones. I grabbed my Target menswear/Michael Kors-inspired chunky watch and an old Banana Republic factory bracelet and called it an outfit.


No comments:

Post a Comment