Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Shop-ocalypse--I've made peace with my God and those around me.



Today is the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, and my brave mother and aunt and I are firming up plans for our Black Friday shopapoolza. We will be heading down to Destin after Turkey Day dinner to shop at the outlet mall when it opens at midnight (although some stores are opening earlier--click here if you're planning on losing your ever-loving mind going, too!) Yes, for the chance to be the 146th people in line to get into the J.Crew store at the first minute of Black Friday, we will gladly treck the 2 and 1/2 hours to Destin, shop our little wallets out for 2 or 3 hours, then head back to Dothan, hopped up on custom ordered expresso drinks from the nearest McDonald's ("Could you please put a little more caffeine in that drink? I need to be able to shoot lasers out of my eyeballs. Can you make that happen?") and hopefully beating the sunrise.

Or at least making it back before Wiregrass Commons Mall opens at 5am.

Or at least making it back, period.

1 comment:

  1. You are one brave soul but if anyone can handle it, you can!

    ReplyDelete