Monday, August 27, 2012

Pretend Fall

I'm a little...concerned...about August. It doesn't seem to be as hot as previous Augusts in recent memory. I'm able to actually go outside during the day. And if you're in the shade? It's a cloudy day? The sun has gone down? Sweet little hints of fall.

It's like I'm waiting for the punch line of some terrible joke. For August to be all, "Ha! FOOLED YOU.  It's going to be 100 degrees for the rest of me! And humid. September, too. I texted him yesterday and he is totally going to be smokin' hot. Man, you are so gullible. I bet you didn't even know that the word gullible isn't in the dictionary."

(It's there, don't look it up.)

So I've been suckered into pulling out some fall outfit ideas, and now that I've crossed that autumn line, I'm not going to be able to go back to spaghetti straps and short shorts. (I know. I tried this weekend and it did not work.)

What I mean is, I'm probably going to burn up between here and real fall. Or just melt. A big, melty, layered puddle in my leopard loafers.


Staring at a potential puddle location

At least the tropical storm rain will wash me away,

T

4 comments:

  1. haha! I love the stare down...and I too, have loved the fall tease that we've been getting...maybe its making up for the non existent winter we had last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your leopard loafers - I ordered a sim pair a few weeks back for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I've been feeling the same way, the weather has been heat wave city the past two summer and this summer's august is nothing like the last two - is fall coming soon this year?! Adoring your outfit, the loafers are perfect :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this casual yet stylish look..the glasses are super cute too...plus the loafers...want want want..

    Rosalyn
    www.just2fancy.com
    come and visit me!!!

    ReplyDelete